Monday, October 24, 2011

Third Annual Week of OSSEC

I'm a bit late to the party, but the Third Annual Week of OSSEC has begun. Michael Starks has planned a nice week, with some awesome blog posts. I've got a few I'm working on (hopefully I finish them).

Here's Michael's email to the ossec-list about the upcoming week. Sunday was day 1, so today is day 2:
"Tell your story. How has OSSEC helped you?"
 
For Day 2's blog post, Michael Starks posted 3WoO Day 2: Calculating Your EPS. He includes a little script to calculate your Events Per Second.
Knowing an estimate of your EPS is very important in specing out hardware, and preparing the network for the extra load created by OSSEC.
Usually when I want an idea of how many EPS I'm getting I look at this:
I'll edit the post if there's anything more today.
 
More contributions:
Xavier Mertens posted on how he's creating maps with OSSEC and AfterGlow.
 
Update 2:
Daniel Cid posts about a new feature in OSSEC! 

No comments:

Post a Comment