Friday, January 14, 2011

I'm a slacker

I know I've been ignoring the blog, and I'd make some excuse if I had a good one. I don't, so it must be laziness. It's a new year, and a good time to change that.

Besides catching up on Chrono Trigger, I've been playing around with a few things that might lead to blog posts.

I've gotten the chance to learn a bit more about Splunk, and if I can ever stop violating my 500MB/day license (I didn't think I'd ever violate that on my home network) I hope to write something up on it. I want to specifically dig into the Splunk for OSSEC app.

DragonFly BSD is something else I've been playing with. The HAMMER file system sounded really interesting, and I wanted to give it a shot. I haven't been disappointed so far.

Finally, network flow data has interested me for a while. I wanted to dig into it a bit more so I went looking for a tool. The one I chose is Argus. There are a lot of options available in argus, but I'll post a few of the things I look at.

Here's to a good 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment